When numbers become people, learners thrive
Waves of data—indigestible, dehumanized, and disaggregated—are crashing into the education system every day, driving you to distraction. But imagine a world where you’re not being drowned by data, but inspired by it; where that data has a FACE and gives you focused information on how to reach every student.
Sharratt and Fullan turn worldwide research into a road map for school leaders to use ongoing assessment to inform instruction and drive equity at the classroom, school, district, and state levels. Inside you will find
- A fresh look at data to incorporate new learning
- Updated case studies, figures, and vignettes
- Insights from more than 500 educators in answering the 3 research questions: Why do we put FACES on data? How do we put FACES on data? and What are the top three leadership skills needed to do this work?
- An integrated approach to using the 14 Parameters to enhance Deep Learning and critical thinking
- Tools for committing to “equity and excellence”
FACES is about setting up the conditions for success in every classroom: identifying the right factors, at the right time, with the right resources. Its focus on student-centered data will help you:
- Increase learners’ growth and achievement
- improve engagement that results in students, teacher and leader empowerment
- build cultures of learning
- drive a learning environment of continuous improvement