Demonstrate how 20 powerful strategies can increase student motivation, energy levels, and academic achievement!
Designed around Marcia L. Tate's best-selling book Reading and Language Arts Worksheets Don't Grow Dendrites, this comprehensive multimedia kit offers staff developers all the materials necessary to show K–12 teachers how to use specific brain-friendly strategies to engage diverse learners and significantly increase learning in all content areas. Facilitators will be able to introduce brain facts that enhance learning and demonstrate how participants can integrate instruction with:
- Movement to strengthen content retention
- Storytelling to stimulate higher-level thinking
- Graphic organizers to enhance brain function and increase comprehension
- Writing exercises to improve students' long- and short-term memory
- Humor to create positive environments that promote learning
- Real-world connections that turn classroom activities into meaningful and lasting experiences for learners
Complete with sample brain-compatible lessons, Reading and Language Arts Worksheets Don't Grow Dendrites: A Multimedia Kit for Professional Development includes:
- The companion book Reading and Language Arts Worksheets Don't Grow Dendrites, aligned with IRA and NCTE standards and outlining Tate's 20 strategies
- A 46-minute, content-rich DVD—with an easy stop-and-search navigation menu—demonstrating what the author's practical strategies look like in real classrooms
- A step-by-step facilitator's guide connecting the book to the DVD and providing discussion questions, workshop activities, handouts, and agendas for half-day, one-day, and two- or three-day workshops
- A companion CD-ROM containing a digital copy of the entire facilitator's guide
Ideal for use with pairs, small workshops, or large seminars, this multimedia kit is essential for anyone leading professional development training to help educators meet the academic needs of individual learning styles!