This is the perfect guide to conducting a research project in Politics and International Relations. From formulating a research question and conducting a literature review to writing up and disseminating your work, this book guides you through the research process from start to finish.
- Is focused specifically on research methods in Politics and IR
- Introduces the central methodological debates in a clear, accessible style
- Considers the key questions of ethics and research design
- Covers both qualitative and quantitative approaches
- Shows you how to choose and implement the right methods in your own project
The book features two example research projects – one from Politics, one from International Relations– that appear periodically throughout the book to show you how real research looks at each stage of the process. Packed full of engaging examples, it provides you with all you need to know to coordinate your own research project in Politics and International Relations.