General Returns Policy
- All returned copies must have been purchased from SAGE US.
- Shortage and/or damage claims must be reported to SAGE within 30 days of delivery.
- The original invoice, or documentation with the original invoice number, ISBN, and quantity returned, must accompany all books being returned.
- Credit for eligible returns will be issued at invoiced price.
- Returns must be received in their original new, undamaged, unopened/sealed, and saleable condition. SAGE reserves the right to determine saleable condition.
- Shrink-wrapped books, bundles, digital access codes, software, CDs, videos or any other electronic media, are returnable only if unopened.
- Return freight charges are the customer's responsibility.
- Customers cannot withhold payment due to any pending returns or excess inventory. It is the customer's responsibility to fulfill outstanding payment obligations according to the Terms and Conditions of your Credit Application/Account (to keep the account in good standing).
- Custom Products – SAGE will accept up to 20% returns on custom products for each custom order up to 12 months from the invoice date.
Non-returnable items include:
- Products not purchased directly from SAGE US.
- Books that have been out of print (OOP) for more than 180 days.
- Products not in their original, unopened, and resalable condition.
- Opened shrink-wrapped books, bundles, digital access codes, software, CDs, videos or any other previously sealed products.
- Books purchased on a non-returnable basis.
- Used books
- Counterfeit books
Individuals, corporations, hospitals, governments, libraries, and non-profit organizations have thirty (30) days from the date of purchase to return items in saleable condition.
Returns from college stores, retail bookstores, wholesalers, resellers, national accounts, national and regional associations, and international customers will be accepted for twelve (12) months from original invoice date, and up to 180 days after a title is declared out of print.
SAGE reserves the right to reduce or suspend ordering and returns privileges for accounts that are:
- In arrears.
- Found to be selling counterfeit SAGE products.
- Found to be selling international student editions or other products not available for or legal to sell in the United States.
SAGE Returns Dept.
2590 Conejo Spectrum St
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320