An essential school-safety training tool
Preparing your school to survive a violent emergency can seem like an impossible task. How do you plan for the unpredictable? Begin with this DVD and facilitator’s guide—that reflect the latest research and expertise from school-safety experts Judy Brunner and Dennis Lewis. When you guide teachers and staff through this training, and share the lessons with parents and students, you can be confident every stakeholder will know what to do if the unthinkable comes to pass.
Featuring discussion questions, original videos with review questions, an emergency preparedness classroom checklist, tabletop exercises for staff and students, and a sample action plan you can customize, this program helps you to:
- Address how and when to secure a classroom
- Understand the differences between posing a threat and making a threat
- Clarify the dos and don’ts of electronic communication in an emergency
- Teach students about self-sheltering and evacuating if an adult isn’t present
- Understand your ethical and legal responsibilities
Threats and violence are an unfortunate reality for many schools. With this comprehensive preparation program, you’ll make sure everyone is ready to respond—and keep your school a safe place for teaching and learning.