Continuing in the same well-written and accessible style as the previous editions, this text systematically examines the strange phenomenon of serial murder. Exploring the different types of serial killers, the authors present a clear image of the typology, behavioral patterns, and motivation of the various types of serial killers.
New to This Edition
- Differentiation between Mass, Spree and Serial Murder Theories
- Three new chapters: Mass Murder and Spree Murder: Two Types of Multicides; Serial Killers in Foreign Countries; and Health-Care Professionals and Serial Murder
- Updated references, boxes, photos and features, including brief profiles of serial killers, serial killer nicknames, etc.
- Discussion of recent and high profile serial killers, and the typologies that apply to them
- New end-of-chapter discussion questions to enhance student comprehension and retention
Serial Murder, Third Edition is ideal for use as a supplementary text in Homicide, Violence, and Deviance courses offered in departments of criminology, psychology, and sociology
Sample Materials & Chapters