Make professional learning unforgettable!
Teaching busy adults can be a daunting task. How do you grab their attention, make material memorable, and create experiences that immediately improve their professional practice? Expert Marcia Tate knows how adults learn best and shares 20 professional development strategies that work.
What you'll find in the 2nd edition:
- 20 brain-based learning strategies proven to engage adults and boost long-term retention
- 150 professional learning activities that spark educator participation
- New findings on learning styles, brain research, and adult learning theory
- References to the Learning Forward Professional Standards
- Key differences between adult learners and younger students
- Samples of professional learning designs
- Sections devoted to job-embedded practice, peer coaching, and action research
- Guided reflection and application sections
Perfect for staff developers, trainers, teacher leaders, and educational consultants, "Sit and Get" Won't Grow Dendrites shows you how to deliver high-energy learning experiences that impact adults for years to come.
Praise for the First Edition:
"Marcia Tate brings the same enthusiasm she has for working with adults to writing for adults. This is a book all trainers could benefit from, study, and keep accessible in their tool chest."
—Stephanie Hirsh, Executive Director
"This is THE must-have staff development text for all education professionals. This book doesn't lecture on what to teach. Rather, it offers a plethora of methods to help adults learn. This is the ultimate 'how to teach how to teach' resource."
—Journal of Staff Development