STUDENTS: Still need to purchase your eBook access code?
- For instant access, get your copy of this interactive eBook at vitalsource.com.
- Prefer a shipped option? Click on the "BUY NOW" button on this page and select the “Slim Pack” (shipped access code) version from the drop-down menu. Your interactive eBook access code will be shipped to the address you indicate in your order form. Please note: shipping fees apply. You will have 180 days of access with this Slim Pack option.
INSTRUCTORS: Bundle and save!
- Order using bundle ISBN: 978-1-0718-1352-2 (interactive eBook + Loose-leaf print version) and your students get this interactive eBook at no additional cost.
- Note: Instant access is not available with interactive eBook + print bundles. All bundles will ship with the print version and corresponding interactive eBook 180-day rental access code information (slim pack).
Need a Personalized Demo? Contact your sales representative today.
This dynamic interactive eBook goes way beyond highlighting and note-taking, giving you access to SAGE Premium Video—curated and produced specifically for Social Problems. Read your mobile-friendly eBook and access SAGE Premium Video tools anywhere, anytime across desktop, smartphone, and tablet devices. Simply click on icons in the eBook to experience a broad array of multimedia features, including:
VIDEO: Boost learning and bolster analysis with SAGE Premium Video! Recapping the fundamentals in every chapter, each video activity is paired with chapter learning objectives and tied to assessment via SAGE Coursepacks, offering a more complete way to match diverse learners and improve learning outcomes.
OFFLINE READING: Using the VitalSource Bookshelf® platform, download your book to a personal computer and read it offline.
SOCIAL SHARING AND FOLLOWING: Share notes and highlights with instructors and classmates who are using the same eBook, and “follow” friends and instructors as they make their own notes and highlights.
Instructor Teaching Site
SAGE COURSEPACKS FOR INSTRUCTORS makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS).* Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
- required access codes
- learning a new system
Say YES to…
- using only the content you want and need
- high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE Edge.
SAGE Coursepacks includes:
- Our content delivered directly into your LMS
- Intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort
- Assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, and offer a more complete way to measure student engagement, including:
- Diagnostic chapter quizzes that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
- Test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
- Activity and quiz options that allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want—includes exclusive access to Doing Sociology activities not available in the print book
- Instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided
- Chapter-specific discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content
- Assignable SAGE Premium Video (available via the interactive eBook version, linked through SAGE Coursepacks) that is curated and produced exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life and appeal to diverse learners, featuring:
- Corresponding multimedia assessment options that automatically feed to your gradebook
- Comprehensive, downloadable, easy-to-use Media Guide in the Coursepack for every video resource, listing the chapter to which the video content is tied, a helpful description of the video content, and assessment questions
- Animated concept videos, as well as licensed AP news clips
- Interactive data maps that help students take a closer look at the data presented in the print text and display additional data not found in the corresponding text maps
- Activity Guide that details all Confronting Social Problems activities from the print book, as well as supplementary exercises not included in the print book; each activity is aligned with a learning objective and includes notes to instructors
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch but you can customize to your exact needs
- Sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course that give you options to customize your course in a way that is perfect for you
- Lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions
- Integrated links to the interactive eBook that make it easy for your students to maximize their study time with this anywhere, anytime, mobile-friendly version of the text. It also offers access to more digital tools and resources, including SAGE Premium Video
- All tables and figures from the textbook