Now fully integrated with online self-assessment exercises and video navigation, it explains everything required to get full credits for any undergraduate statistics module:
- Descriptive statistics, probability, inferential statistics, hypothesis testing and sampling, variance, correlation, regression analysis, spatial patterns, spatial data reduction using factor analysis and cluster analysis.
- Exercises in the text are complemented with online exercise and prompts that test the understanding of concepts and techniques, additional online exercises review understanding of the entire chapter, relating concepts and techniques.
- Completely revised and updated for accessibility, including new material (on measures of distance, statistical power, sample size selection, and basic probability) with related exercises and downloadable datasets.
The website offers a range of interactive teaching and learning materials for both lecturers and students, including:
- Audio slidecasts explaining the key concepts
- Excercises with solutions for both students and instructors
- Datasets: Each dataset utilised in the text is included with a description of its format and fields