- Complete an introductory course in statistics
- Prepare for more advanced statistical courses
- Gain the transferable analytical skills needed to interpret research from across the social sciences
- Learn the technical skills needed to present data visually
- Acquire a basic competence in the use of R
Author-made screencasts give you deeper insight into the key statistical ideas and R functions discussed in each chapter and show you first-hand how to work through some of the examples in the book. The RStudio projects the author used in the screencasts are also available so you can follow along on your own computer.
Datasets and all R Scripts from the book ready to upload into R and RStudio generate meaningful information to help you master your statistics and data analysis skills.
Exercises and multiple choice questions test your knowledge of key concepts and provide a helpful revision tool for assignments and exams while the answers to in-text exercises allow you to check your work and make sure you’re on track.
PowerPoint slides featuring figures, tables, and key topics from the book can be downloaded and customized for use in your own presentations.
Exercise testbanks containing questions related to the key concepts in each chapter can be downloaded and used in class or for homework and exams.