Make learning relevant with STEM essential questions
Planning interdisciplinary STEM lessons that meet K-5 grade level expectations can be a challenge. How do you fit it all in? In this engaging, well-organized guide, STEM instructional trailblazer Miranda Reagan provides a teacher-friendly, research-based guide to quickly and confidently infuse STEM concepts across content areas. Real-world vignettes, sample lessons and templates, discussion questions, and immediately applicable action steps help you seamlessly promote college and career ready skills.
This inspiring guide helps teachers use STEM-infused interdisciplinary instruction to:
- Deepen all content areas, including English/ Language Arts
- Promote the 4Cs: communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity
- Require students to take risks to solve problems
- Differentiate instruction and scaffold support
- Expand students’ specific measurable capabilities
- Incorporate design skills into the curricula
Save valuable time and confidently develop standards-aligned STEM projects across all content areas with this breakthrough guide!
“Spirited Teachers Eliciting Memories. Miranda's book is an inspiration for the elementary teacher who wants to begin using STEM in the classroom.” She has answered all of the "but what ifs" and the "I'm not sures” and given teachers the answers to the "hows and whys" it will work.”
–Dr. Jill C. Mertz, Adjunct Professor of Education at Maryville College, Maryville, TN
“After reading this book, infusing STEM into your elementary classroom will be as easy as 1,2,3…A, B, C!”
–Susan Schipper, Elementary Teacher, Charles Street School, Palmyra, NJ