Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility: Sustainable Value Creation, Fifth Edition, redefines corporate social responsibility (CSR) as being central to the value-creating purpose of the firm and provides a framework that firms can use to navigate the complex and dynamic business landscape. Based on a theory of empowered stakeholders, this bestselling text argues that the responsibility of a corporation is to create value, broadly defined. The primary challenge for managers today is to balance the competing interests of the firm’s stakeholders, understanding that what they expect today may not be what they will expect tomorrow. This tension is what makes CSR so demanding, but it is also what makes CSR integral to the firm’s strategy and day-to-day operations.
Keep your course content up-to-date!
Subscribe to David Chandler's 'CSR Newsletters' by e-mailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org. The newsletters are designed to be a dynamic complement to the text that can be used for in-class discussion and debate. Past newsletters are archived as a freely-available resource for instructors and students at: http://strategiccsr-sage.blogspot.com/
Password-protected Instructor Resources include the following:
· A password-protected site for complete and protected access to all text-specific instructor resources
· A test bank that provides a diverse range of ready-to-use options that save you time. You can also easily edit any question and/or insert your own personalized questions
· Sample course syllabi for semester and quarter courses that provide suggested models for structuring your courses
· Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation for your course
· Lecture notes that summarize key concepts by chapter to help you prepare for lectures and class discussions
· A transition guide provides a detailed overview of the changes between the previous edition and current edition of the book
· Video and multimedia links that can be used in the classroom to appeal to students with different learning styles
An open-access Student Study Site includes the following:
· An open-access site that makes it easy for students to maximize their study time, anywhere, anytime
· eFlashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts
· Video and multimedia links that appeal to students with different learning styles