This unique textbook guides students and researchers of social sciences to successfully apply the knowledge of parametric and nonparametric statistics in the collection and analysis of data.
This book comprehensively covers all the methods of parametric and nonparametric statistics such as correlation and regression, analysis of variance, test construction, one-sample test to k-sample tests, etc. The two methods of statistics are presented simultaneously, with indication of their use in data analysis. Through adequate knowledge of both techniques, readers can select the appropriate method of testing as well as the graphical method for representing the data.
• Provides a comparative account of the two statistical methodologies: why, when and how to use either of the two methods
• Enables the readers to consider and identify the nature of data and apply the most suitable test
• Exclusive chapter on SPSS and Excel-based statistical analysis of data
• Special coverage of the use of statistics in psychology and psychological test construction
• Contains worked-out problems to help students and scholars for better understanding of the concepts and further practice