The Early Years Teacher's Book
Achieving Early Years Teacher Status
This book guides you through what you need to know about Early Years Teacher Status step by step. It explains how you can work to meet each of the Standards and assessment requirements. The author addresses trainees’ common concerns about early years practice and study skills and meeting EYTS requirements and gives many examples of the strategies that trainees found most helpful. Each chapter explores each aspect of every Standard and indicator, with notes on theory, practical tips, case studies, activities and suggestions for further reading.
This book helps you to:
• understand all aspects of each Standard and indicator
• link your practice to the Standards
• understand the assessment requirements and how to strengthen your evidence
• plan and track your evidence
• complete your written assignments and create your portfolio with confidence
• develop the skills needed to take on a leadership role
This Second Edition has been updated to include new guidance on Standard 7 around the Prevent Agenda and the work of Channel. The text is also updated to include information on the 'Integrated review' at age 2.
Using as a support resource
Easy read and great for all budding EY's teachers.
Very helpful book, full of practical examples and ideas of how to break down the EYITT standards into smaller steps. It is also useful for students working towards internal, graduate competencies.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 1 Introduction to your Early Years Teacher Status