This handbook by the best-selling author of Time-Saving Tips for Teachers will give you the advantage you need to succeed! Joanne Wachter's years of hiring experience as a public school system supervisor have taught her that good teachers are often reluctant to "toot their own horns," or just may not know how to impress interviewers. Given the intense competition, today's teachers need to know how to put their best foot forward to get that deserved transfer or promotion.
This detailed how-to manual will walk you through every step in the job change process, including:
- Setting goals, including a quiz to find out what you really want in a job, from educational philosophy to commuting time
- Working the process, with a list of the topics that matter to the administrators making the hiring decisions
- Filling out an A+ application, getting reference letters, and writing cover letters
- Strengthening résumés and portfolios, with advice on what and what NOT to include
- Making personal contacts and rehearsing for that dazzling interview