Theories of Educational Leadership and Management
- Tony Bush - University of Nottingham, UK
This fifth edition of Tony Bush’s bestselling text explores the links between educational management theories and the main models of leadership, and their application to policy and practice globally across varied educational contexts.
This fully updated new edition is informed by an enhanced global perspective and expanded coverage of important contemporary issues including teacher leadership, professional learning communities, transformational leadership, instructional leadership and a critical assessment of distributed leadership.
This is essential reading for all teachers who aspire to management, as well as for experienced leaders on Masters’ level courses, and for those studying school management as part of education degrees.
This book is easy to read - explain difficult terminology well. A must have for students learning leadership and management theories.
Clear and concise. Easy to read and follow
A useful and relevant text which provides a clear application of theory in the context of leadership practice. The chapters on organisational culture were particularly useful
Good basic overview of main L&M models
This edition clearly sets out the different models of educational leadership and management in an appropriate style. This makes this book an accessible text for all levels of learners interested in different theoretical approaches to understanding and applying practice in Education.
- Chapter 4: New sections on ‘Professional learning communities’, ‘allocative distribution’, ‘critiques of distributed leadership’ and ‘teacher leadership’
- Chapter 5: New section ‘transformational leadership’
- Chapter 8: New sections on ‘spiritual leadership’ and ‘linking moral and managerial leadership’
- Chapter 9: New section on 'teacher leadership'