If you are looking for a more holistic and critical take on the field of leadership, look no further! The Second Edition of this engaging and highly-respected text offers an exploration of leadership at all levels of organization – whether that leadership is traditional or virtual, and whether the organization is corporate and non-profit.
New to this edition:
- Refined to capture and delineate the essential theories more clearly, with broader coverage taking in the latest developments in areas such as followership, diversity, national culture, globalisation, change, politics and ethics.
- Abundant examples and illustrations, together with detailed explanations of how they apply in practice.
- A companion website with an Instructor's Manual with PowerPoint slides and extra case studies for lecturers and free access to full-text journal articles for students.
Theory and Practice of Leadership will prove a highly-stimulating read for undergraduate and postgraduate students of leadership and related subjects.
Praise for the First Edition:
"At last a well-written, balanced and insightful British book on leadership. It is a real tour-de-force. It is probable that every theory and assertion of consequence is commented upon. This certainly is a major text that will be difficult to follow."
- Emeritus Professor Gerry Randell, University of Bradford School of Management
"Theory and Practice of Leadership is an all encompassing, global review of examples and case studies that is both comprehensive and easily adaptable to almost any situation one would encounter in leading people."
- Richard J. Conwell, Nova Southeastern University, Journal of Applied Management and Entrepreneurship
|The Nature and Importance of Leadership|
|A Critical Review, Synthesis and Re-Definition|
|Sustaining Leadership Excellence|