In this new edition of Therapy with Dreams and Nightmares, Delia Cushway continues in her pursuit to show how dreamwork is not the prerogative of expert psychoanalysts, but a fruitful therapeutic tool that can be explored by all counselors and other practitioners in the helping professions.
Emphasizing the idea that dreams are the creation and belonging of the dreamer, and therefore a powerful means of accessing an individual's emotions, creativity and wisdom, this new edition now includes:
- Skills for working with trauma and survivors of sexual abuse
- Cross-cultural, spiritual and religious approaches to dreamwork
- Up-to-date research and theory on using Cognitive, Objectivist and Constructivist models and methods
- More on the importance of reflective practice
- The scientific functions and meanings of dreams and their role in information processing and memory consolidation
Steeped in practical hints and tips, vivid case examples and methods of interpreting dream language, this highly accessible, eclectic guide is an invaluable resource for all trainee and qualified therapists looking to work more effectively with a client's dream material.