- Tom Chatfield - Author, tech philosopher and broadcaster
Super Quick Skills
Critical Thinking | Study Skills
- Understand the nature of assumptions and claims
- Grasp the notion of valid and invalid arguments and evidence
- Gain practical skills and confidence in reading, writing and doing research.
Super Quick Skills provides the essential building blocks you need to succeed at university - fast. Packed with practical, positive advice on core academic and life skills, you’ll discover focused tips and strategies to use straight away. Whether it’s writing great essays, understanding referencing or managing your wellbeing, find out how to build good habits and progress your skills throughout your studies.
- Learn core skills quickly
- Apply them right away and see results
- Succeed in your studies and in life
Super Quick Skills gives you the foundations you need to confidently navigate the ups and downs of university life.
Watch our Super Quick introduction to critical thinking with author Tom Chatfield.
Watch the recording of How to Think for Yourself with Tom Chatfield and Alex Baratta. This webinar, hosted by JS Group, offers top tips on how to spot misinformation and engage critically with the world.
Visit the SAGE Study Skills hub for tips, resources and videos on study success!
A lovely short introduction to critical thinking for new HE students. The link to Tom Chatfield's online resources (includes youtube clips and powerpoint slides) is really useful for anyone delivering academic skills training.