The Holocaust is a controversial and difficult teaching topic that needs to be approached sensitively and with an awareness of the complex and emotive issues involved. This book offers pragmatic pedagogical and classroom-based guidance for teachers and trainee teachers on how to intelligently teach holocaust education in a meaningful and age-appropriate way.
Key coverage includes:
· Practical approaches and useful resources for teaching in schools
· Holocaust education and citizenship
· Holocaust remembrance as an educational opportunity
· How to explore the topic of anti-semitism in the classroom
· Exploring international perspectives on holocaust education