The Fourth Edition of the bestselling Utilization-Focused Evaluation provides expert, detailed advice on conducting program evaluations from one of leading experts. Chock full of useful pedagogy—including a unique utilization-focused evaluation checklist—this book presents Michael Quinn Patton’s distinctive opinions based on more than thirty years of experience.
Key Features of the Fourth Edition
- Provides thoroughly updated materials including more international content; new references; new exhibits and sidebars; and new examples, stories, and cartoons
- Includes follow-up exercises at the end of each chapter
- Features a utilization-focused evaluation checklist
- Gives greater emphasis on mixed methods
- Analyzes the pluses and minuses of the increased emphasis on accountability and performance measurement in government at all levels
- Details the explosion of international evaluation
Both theoretical and practical, this core text is an essential resource for students enrolled in Program Evaluation courses in a variety of disciplines—including public administration, government, social sciences, education, and management. Practitioners will also find this text invaluable.
Sample Materials & Chapters