What Do We Know and What Should We Do About Inequality is part of a new book series offering up-to-date overviews of key issues of public concern based on social science research, featuring topics often misrepresented or simplified in the mainstream media.
Written by a leading expert with an accessible writing style, this book on inequality is a conversation starter and a way to spark informed, educated debate. It does this by providing illuminating, data-rich descriptions (what do we know?) and bold, prescriptive proposals (what should we do?). Topics which once seemed opaque are made clear, including –
· How can we measure inequality?
· What we know about inequality in income, wealth and earnings?
· How does the UK compare to other nations?
· What about geographical inequalities?
· What about differences between ages, or generations?
· What should we do to tackle inequality?
intended for anyone seeking a quick and authoritative understanding of inequality in the modern era.