Working with Parents of Children with Special Educational Needs
- Chris Dukes - Area SENCOs, London
- Maggie Smith - Area SENCOs, London
Every practitioner knows the importance of collaborating with parents to ensure the best support for children with special educational needs. Working with Parents of Children With Special Educational Needs offers clear strategies for forging successful and lasting relationships with parents and includes:
- Strategies for communicating effectively with parents
- Ways in which the preschool SENCO can lead the process
- Tips for building successful links with other related professionals
- Activities and case studies
- A CD-ROM with checklists and reproducibles
This resource is ideal for all those working with children from birth to 5 years of age, such as pre-school practitioners, nursery managers, advisory teachers, SENCOs, inclusion officers, and child care and education students and tutors.
very practical and clearly thought out. useful checklists and prompts for discussion.
a great book with practical resources
Supports students understanding of working with parents with special educational needs. Links to one of the essentila units on the evel 3 course
not what expected
Excellent book which has many practical strategies for forging positive partnerships with parents which is imperative when considering the education of children with special needs.
The accompanying CD-ROM is very useful.