• determining the research topic,
• choosing appropriate methods,
• turning a hypothesis into a study,
• completing a literature review,
• writing and defending a proposal,
• collecting and analyzing data,
• writing up the study, and
• ultimately defending the dissertation.
Building on years of experience with doctoral students, the authors provide a comprehensive, yet easy-to-use tool that encourages student reflection; includes student stories, hints, and writing tips; and provides end-of-chapter checklists and ideas for incorporating social media. With the proven techniques and guidance of this indispensable book, doctoral students will finish their thesis or dissertation—faster!