Presented in a unique and easy-to-use dictionary format, this practical guide will help students and practitioners understand and apply the principles of effective communication. From the ‘how to’ practicalities through to challenges and honing existing skills, this book will ensure they have the confidence and knowledge to communicate skilfully and successfully in many different contexts and settings.
The new edition features:
Essential reading for anyone working in the helping professions for whom good communication skills are an essential part of their role.
- New entry on Simulation
- New entry on Documentation
- New Group Exercises added to each 'Chapter'/Letter
- References to the NMC Standards for Nursing made throughout, and each end of 'Chapter'/Letter' is linked to the NMC Standards alongside the PCF
- New info on National Accessible Information Standards re learning difficulties; video conferencing; achieving best evidence (ABC interviews/children); mental capacity; GDPR.
- Empathy chapter has a new section on dealing with upset people.
- Information added on emojis and emoticons