This essential introduction to abnormal and clinical psychology explores the key areas, controversies and debates in the field and encourages students to think critically.
Key features of this textbook include:
- The latest updates from DSM-5 and ICD-10 and a balanced critique of the diagnostic approach, keeping students at the forefront of the developments and debates in the field
- "Essential Debate" and "Essential Experience" boxes that encourage critical thinking and provide case study examples to help students critique the findings and apply them in practice
- Concise chapters providing students with the essentials they need to get a good grade in their module in Abnormal and Clinical Psychology
- Additional student resources available on the companion website (https://study.sagepub.com/fieldcartwrighthatton).
Suitable for all students taking Abnormal and Clinical Psychology modules.
- Watch author-selected videos to give you insight into how an understanding of abnormal and clinical psychology is applied in practice.
- Interactive quizzes allow you to test your knowledge and give you feedback to help you prepare for assignments and exams.
- Weblinks direct you to relevant resources to deepen your understanding of chapter topics and expand your knowledge of abnormal and clinical psychology.
- Selected journal articles give you free access to scholarly articles chosen for each chapter to reinforce your learning of key topics.
- PowerPoint slides featuring figures and tables from the book which can be downloaded and customised for use in your own presentations.
- Test banks that provide a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity to edit any question and/or insert personalised questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.