Introducing Communication Research: Paths of Inquiry teaches students the basics of communication research in an accessible manner by using interesting real-world examples, engaging application exercises, and up-to-date resources. Best-selling author Donald Treadwell and new co-author Andrea Davis guide readers through the process of conducting communication research and presenting findings for scholarly, professional, news/media, and web audiences. The Fourth Edition continues to emphasize the Internet and social media as topics of, and tools for, communication research, and incorporates new content on online methodologies, qualitative research, critical methodologies, and ethics.
SAGE edge for instructors supports your teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students with:
- a password-protected site for complete and protected access to all text-specific instructor resources;
- a test bank in Word® and ExamView that provide a diverse range of ready-to-use options that save you time. You can also easily edit any question and/or insert your own personalized questions;
- web resources that meet the learning needs of today’s media-savvy students and brings concepts to life;
- sample course syllabi for semester and quarter courses that provide suggested models for structuring your courses;
- editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation for your course;
- lecture notes that summarize key concepts by chapter to help you prepare for lectures and class discussions;
- recommended readings of suggested books and articles to supplement the textbook;
- chapter-specific discussion questions that allow students to engage with the material; and
- class activity suggestions to help students engage with the text content in class.
SAGE edge for students enhances learning, it’s easy to use, and offers:
- an open-access site that makes it easy for students to maximize their study time, anywhere, anytime;
- eFlashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts;
- eQuizzes that allow students to practice and assess how much they've learned and where they need to focus their attention;
- learning objectives that reinforce the most important material;
- web resources that facilitate student use of Internet resources and further exploration of topics;
- industry case studies that can be used as a basis for "research in practice" discussions; and
- a five-minute APA guide to help students structure their papers and properly cite their sources.