How do social statuses intersect to shape our identities and produce inequalities?
In the updated Third Edition of this bestseller, Susan Ferguson has carefully selected readings that open readers’ eyes to the ways that social statuses shape our experiences and impact our life chances. Readers will hear from leading experts in the field about the many approaches used to understand this important and evolving subject. This anthology also gives readers the tools they need to enact social change that will lessen injustices in our society. Praised for the its intersectional approach, Race, Gender, Sexuality, and Social Class is organized around broad topics (Identity, Power and Privilege, Social Institutions, etc.), to underscore a key fundamental insight: race, class, gender, and sexuality do not exist in isolation; they often intersect with one another to produce social inequalities and form the bases of our identities in society.
Give your students the SAGE edge!
SAGE edge offers a robust online environment featuring an impressive array of free tools and resources for review, study, and further exploration, keeping both instructors and students. Learn more at edge.sagepub.com/ferguson3e.
Instructor Teaching Site (Password Protected)
SAGE edge for Instructors, supports your teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students.
- Test banks provide a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity to edit any question and/or insert your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
- Sample course syllabi for semester and quarter courses provide suggested models for structuring your courses.
- Multimedia content includes original SAGE videos that appeal to diverse learners.
- Class Activities provide opportunities to further student engagement with the material, including through individual and group work, and discussion questions, in class.
Student Study Site (Open Access)
SAGE edge for Students provides a personalized approach to help students accomplish their coursework goals in an easy-to-use learning environment.
- Mobile-friendly eFlashcards strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts.
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes allow for independent assessment by students of their mastery of course material.
- Learning objectives reinforce the most important material.
- Multimedia content facilitates student use of Internet resources for further exploration of topics.