Students are shown the underlying logic to what they're learning, and well-crafted practice and self-check features help ensure that that new knowledge sticks. Coverage of probability theory and mathematical proofs is complemented by expanded conceptual coverage. In the Third Edition, new coauthor Matthew Price includes simplified practice problems and increased coverage of conceptual statistics, integrated discussions of effect size with hypothesis testing, and new coverage of ethical practices for conducting research.
Give your students the SAGE Edge!
SAGE Edge offers a robust online environment featuring an impressive array of free tools and resources for review, study, and further exploration, keeping both instructors and students on the cutting edge of teaching and learning. Learn More.
Bundle and SAVE!
Statistics Alive!, Third Edition + Student Study Guide
SAGE Edge for instructors supports your teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students with:
- A password-protected site for complete and protected access to all text-specific instructor resources.
- A test bank that provides a diverse range of ready-to-use options that save you time. You can also easily edit any question and/or insert your own personalized questions.
- Instructor’s Manual includes suggested teaching strategies, additional learning exercises to help plan and enhance your course, as well as case notes to assist in integrating the cases into your coursework.
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation for your course.
- Sample syllabi included for semester, quarter, and online courses.
- Lecture notes that summarize key concepts by chapter to help you prepare for lectures and class discussions.
- Chapter-specific discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content.
- Class assignments which allow students to delve more deeply into subject matter.
- Solutions to chapter exercises cover key concepts, and may be used for individual or group settings.
- Video and multimedia links that can be used in the classroom to appeal to diverse learners.
SAGE Edge for students enhances learning, it’s easy to use, and offers:
- An open-access site that makes it easy for students to maximize their study time, anywhere, anytime.
- eFlashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts.
- Chapter summaries with learning objectives that reinforce the most important material.
- SPSS Data Sets and variable lists.