Teach is a concise introduction to education that challenges students’ preconceived notions of teaching in order to transform them into reflective practitioners. Empathizing with the difficulties students face as they move from the college classroom to their own classrooms, revered author Janice Koch invites readers to both reflect on their own dispositions for teaching and look outside of themselves to the demands of the profession, making the philosophy of teaching and learning accessible and relevant. The Fourth Edition emphasizes the changing student population and the role of technology and globalization in the field, while also including the Interstate Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium (InTASC) standards correlating with each chapter’s content. With the guidance of this supportive text, students will gain vital exposure by engaging with professional standards from the very start of their career.
A Complete Teaching & Learning Package
Contact your rep to request a demo, answer your questions, and explore the robust tools and resources available with this text.
- SAGE Premium Video
Included in the interactive eBook! SAGE Premium Video tools and resources boost comprehension and bolster analysis. Learn more.
- Interactive eBook
Your students save when you bundle the print version with the Interactive eBook (Bundle ISBN: 978-1-5443-6587-9), which includes access to SAGE Premium Video and other multimedia tools. Learn more.
- SAGE coursepacks
makesit easy to import our quality instructor and student resource content into your school’s learning management system (LMS). Intuitive and simple to use, SAGE coursepacks allows you to customize course content to meet your students’ needs. Learn more.
- SAGE edge
This companion website offers both instructors and students a robust online environment with an impressive array of teaching and learning resources. Learn more.
Instructors: SAGE coursepacks and SAGE edge online resources are included FREE with this text. For a brief demo, contact your sales representative today.
SAGE coursepacks for instructors
Say NO to…
- required access codes
- learning a new system
Say YES to…
- using only the content you want and need
- high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE edge.
With SAGE coursepacks, you get:
- quality textbook content delivered directly into your LMS;
- an intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort;
- assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, including:
- diagnostic chapter pre-tests and post-tests that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
- test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that
providea diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
- activity and quiz options that allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
- instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided;
- assignable SAGE Premium Video (available via the interactive eBook version, linked through SAGE coursepacks) that is tied to learning objectives, and produced exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life, featuring:
- Engaging interviews with teachers and principals sharing the biggest joys and challenges of being an educator, as well as their passion and enthusiasm for their students.
- Video Cases that show footage from real classrooms demonstrating what a typical day is like in an elementary or a secondary school. You will see lead teachers and paraprofessionals working together in small groups with their students, as well as students learning together as a class and in smaller, differentiated groups.
- Corresponding multimedia assessment options that automatically feed to your
- Comprehensive, downloadable, easy-to-use Media Guide in the Coursepack for every video resource, listing the chapter to which the video content is tied, matching learning objective(s), a helpful description of the video content, and assessment questions
- chapter-specific discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content;
- exclusive SAGE journal articles built into course materials and assessment tools, that tie influential research and scholarship to chapter concepts;
- editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch;
- sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course that give you options to customize your course to your exact needs;
- lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions;
- integrated links to the interactive eBook that make it easy for students to maximize their study time with this “anywhere, anytime” mobile-friendly version of the text. It also offers access to more digital tools and resources, including SAGE Premium Video; and
- select tables and figures from the textbook.
SAGE edge for students enhances learning, it’s easy to use, and offers:
- an open-access site that makes it easy for students to maximize their study time, anywhere, anytime;
- video and multimedia resources that bring concepts to life, are tied to learning objectives, and make learning easier;
- eFlashcards that strengthen
understandingof key terms and concepts; e Quizzesthat allow students to practice and assess how much they’ve learned and where they need to focus their attention;
- exclusive access to influential SAGE journal articles that tie important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning.