Features & Benefits:
- Entries explore the theory, research, and application of psychology as it relates to sport and fitness in a manner that is accessible and jargon-free to help readers better understand human behavior in sport and exercise settings.
- From personal factors to situational factors influencing performance to specific psychological techniques for enhancing performance, this work provides comprehensive coverage of the field via approximately 350 to 400 signed entries.
- Entries conclude with cross-references and suggestions for further readings to guide students further in their research journey.
Available in print and online, this monumental work is edited by two leading figures in the field with a distinguished international Editorial Advisory Board to select and assign entries, ensuring authoritative content readers can trust.
- Career Transition
- Certification, Credentialing, and Roles of Sport and Exercise Psychologists
- Exercise Health
- Group Dynamics
- History and Foundation
- Morality, Aggression, and Ethics in Sport
- Motor Control
- Perception and Cognition in Sport
- Personality and Psychological Characteristics in Sport
- Psychological Skills/Interventions
- Self-Concept/Self-Perceptions, and Identity
- Youth Sport