Science Teaching in Secondary Schools
- Leigh Hoath - Leeds Trinity University, UK
- Matthew Livesey - Bradford Grammar School, UK
Science Methods | Science Methods
This book is your essential guide to secondary science teacher training and the early career years giving smart, practical advice on developing your classroom skills and deepening your knowledge of science education.
Covering all major aspects of science teaching, including: planning and assessment, the power of subject knowledge, teaching tricky topics and health and safety in class and lab work, it will encourage you to develop an informed approach to allow you to shine as an early career teacher of science.
· Real life examples of how important teaching principles work in practice
· What to look for when observing others teaching
· Reflective questions challenging you to engage with key ideas
· Chapters linked to the Core Content Framework and Early Career Framework
Leigh Hoath is a Senior Professional Practice Fellow at Leeds Trinity University.
Matthew Livesey is a teacher of biology at Bradford Grammar School.