Do some of your pupils suffer from low or fragile self-esteem? Perhaps you want to help, but don't know how? If so, this book is for you. Using insights from theory, research and classroom practice, it provides strategies and techniques that will enhance the confidence of primary school children through authentic learning experiences.
This book includes:
- Discussions on a range of issues surrounding self-esteem enhancement in school
- Studies of recent work in this area
- Links between self-esteem and the development of competence (fitting in with the Raising Attainment agenda)
- Research evidence from real primary classrooms
- A clear articulation of strategies and techniques to use in classrooms
- A summary and analysis of the key theoretical and empirical work in the area
The book's clear practical focus will be of interest to all teachers and managers keen to enhance self-esteem in their schools. It will prove equally useful for teachers in training and more experienced teachers undertaking further study. This book will empower you to develop your practice with a clear sense of direction – and with increased confidence.